Week 3A: Communicating Through Social Media

Communicating with some businesses can be difficult, and I personally think that trying to get help or answers to things such as bills and other technical problems from AT&T has it's challenges.  First, finding the right person or phone number for the right department can take a while just to find the information.  After automated messages and being passed around, the ordeal can take hours.  Sometimes there are no answers and time is wasted. 

I have yet to tap into social media to get noticed or to try to get a problem solved, and I am not sure if that is the way to go for these issues.  For some other businesses such as retail, the problems may be solved easier using social media.  Searching the Target Facebook page, I did see many complaints, and they all seemed to be responded to by a Target associate and dealt with quickly.  

Since I have never communicated this way with a business, , it may be an option for me to take up next time I have a need.  As with the Target Facebook pages, and their quick responses, it is clear that a business does not want negative word out, so addressing issues promptly could save a lot of lost business. 

That  would be enough reason for my own business to engage customers with positive or negative comments.  I would respond to both positive and negative comments to listen to their needs and provide prompt responses and solutions to the negatives.  Instead of blasting out a one way message, I want my customers to be heard and taken care of if things do not work out the first time.  Social media will allow me to have that conversation and allow me to divert an unhappy customer to a happy customer.  It also will give me ways to change certain behaviors or to get more insight into improving products or customer care.  

Comments

  1. Hi Mark I agree with you that it can be very frustrating and sometimes a waste of time trying to call a business over the phone. I find that it can be a lot easier, and you get an answer faster when writing on social media suchas Facebook because your conversation isn't private and everyone can see so I agree that I think they don't want to show that negative word and respond right away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1A: My First Social Media Class Post

Week 11: Email Marketing

Week 17: Final Post