Week 9: Twitter

After some time searching Twitter for users that could benefit my business, I came across some keywords that can take me directly to some customer leads as well as some industry news that I can share with followers.  After some thought, I decided that my business would benefit from new businesses that would be opening their business doors soon.  Signs and displays are something that new business owners need to open their place.  After some word fine tuning, I yielded a huge list of people posting the key words "Grand opening coming soon".  This list showed me a long list of people and businesses opening businesses in the near future.  I may make comments on their tweets to introduce my business.  Since restaurants are another more specific market, I chose the words, "My restaurant is opening" which again gave back a decent list of potential customers who were opening restaurants.  This was a nationwide search, since I can ship my products.  I also connected and followed with the Cohn Restaurant Group here in San Diego that have many restaurants throughout the county.  I will look to connect with other restaurant groups as I continue to search more leads.  The last two users on Twitter that I chose were the International Sign Association and the Sign Research Foundation.  These I chose in order to share sign industry news and helpful information about sign usage and importance to followers that may be interested to know more about why having signage is essential to business.

I created two lists to categorize my opening soon or grand opening users, so that I can go back and connect with them or others I add to the list.  This will allow quick access to those I can drop a line to connect with new potential customers.  The other list are restaurant leads in which I put the Cohn restaurant group in, and finally I have a list for the sign industry users.  This will help me stay organized, by allowing me to go quickly to the "opening soon" users, and I can spend a little time commenting on those potential customers.  Or I can specifically go to the restaurant group to see what is going on there to make more connections when I have time to do so.

I do not have a specific time in which customers will see my tweets, but I plan to do it often enough to not be stagnant and as often as I can.  It is important that I regularly make comments and respond to others quickly as to keep a conversation going.  I believe it is most effective when I treat Twitter like a conversation than a set schedule of one conversation, if I look at it that way, it should work much better than just me talking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1A: My First Social Media Class Post

Week 17: Final Post

Week 11: Email Marketing